Dear guests,at the moment we are not able to offer any overnight stays at our cabin!!
Dear guests of the Werfener Hütte,
The summer season has finally started, and we cannot wait to welcome you all up here 🌞⛰🍰🍺
Daniel and I have come up with many ideas to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, despite the current corona crisis.
Regardless, we ask you to book tables ahead since we have to coordinate it, especially indoors when the weather is bad. Due to the regulations the capacities are very restricted.
The current regulations are the following. 14 is our magical number! (as of June 2020)
– Please wear your mouth-nose-mask inside the cottage as long as you are not sitting at the table.
– You don’t have to wear the masks outside yet please keep the 1m distance.
– Since Pemba is still locked in Nepal😰💔😢 , we have to work as a very small team hence there is still only self-service.
– 14 is the number of seats we have inside the cottage if we keep the minimum distance between the seats.
– if there is bad weather, there is only room for 14 people – please book your table beforehand!
You can contact us daily between 09.00 and 10.00 to book a table via +43 676 38 56 889. After that, it is more difficult because we have to serve our guests.
The cottage “Werfenerhütte of ÖTK” is located at a height of 1969 meters above sea level at the foot of the “Hochthron” in the Tennengebirge range in Salzburg. It is only accessible by foot; the shortest route leads you for 1,5 hours through the stunning landscape along the timberline.
The cottage has been open since the beginning of June and is the perfect place to take a break or to stay overnight for hikers, sportsmen and nature-lovers. From July 15th, 2019, you can work out in our brand-new outdoor gym with a stunning view. It is a perfect opportunity for fitness-freaks and becoming sportsmen to relax, train and enjoy the nature in the middle of the Alps for one or more days.
As a starting point for classic climbing tours in the Tennengebirge range the cottage offers a great basecamp for people with the desire to go hiking and climbing or also for groups that just want to explore the mountains in the area. The cottage offers food, relaxed evenings and lodging under the sky full of stars.
Here you are always a little closer to sky than anywhere else.